Wednesday, August 10, 2005

More Random Goodness

There's a writer on ESPN.com that I'm sure I've mentioned in many of your conversations. Bill Simmons, great writer, funny writer, a great mind for both sports and pop culture, but still has a everyman feel to his writing. He's gotten big on the site to the point where he has his own page, with daily links and blogs from him and his intern. I'd suggest reading him if you're looking for something to do, he's a common staple on ESPN's Page 2 section, and well worth the trouble.

Anyway, every few months he pulls out his good old mailbag section. In this he often has readers ask his opinion about ranking stuff, like Seinfeld v. Cheers, DeNiro v. Pacino, most surprising topless scenes, that kinda thing.

Today's mailbag someone asked his opinion of the top five SNL guest skits ever. He compiled a good list, and gave a few decent also-rans, too. I'm proud to say I've seen 5 of the 6 (one was a tie, two skits from one guy), the Alec Baldwin skit I had not seen. And I would have to agree with the entire list, too.

Anyway, here it is, take a gander if you're curious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home