Monday, August 08, 2005

4 A Day

Probably the most posts I've ever had in one day here, and its not even lunchtime yet, but I just read this, and don't know how I feel about it so far.

Rosie O'Donnell as Golde.

Mostly I don't like it, as Golde's a character that is never the focus of the play. With this casting, its almost assured that she'll be put up on a higher pedistal than she probably should be. I'm just afraid that they'll tweak the script in order to give her more stage time and maybe a solo, like when she played Rizzo in Grease or when Jerry Lewis played Applegate in Damn Yankees.

This casting is going to allow the play to be introduced to the general public in a way that modern Tevyes like Harvey Fierstein and Alfred Molina just couldn't hope to accomplish. I just hope they don't try to fix what's not broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home