Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Last Stand...

Well, for now... I'm taking a look at the last three condos of my current run tonight. Right now my calculations are putting them all between $720-750 a month after taxes and association fees, so they're still pushing my wallet, but its a comfortable push.

So you will know tomorrow whether I'll be a homeowner or a temporary parents-basement type. And, no, I will NOT be investing in a Star Trek uni, don't worry.

Got to watch a little more Firefly last night, and I've decided a few things:

1) The movie MUST kick ass. Simply put.

2) I have to attempt an investment in the series, once my money situation gets a little more comfortable. I figure the supply of said DVD will increase once the movie comes out.

3) There's also a chance that its going to bomb furiously, as it'll confuse the mainstream audience.

4) Joss Whedon hates normal names. That's why he makes his villains have more normal-sounding names than his heroes. And if a character comes around without an odd name, its almost certain that he or she will be dead soon.

In the first episode of Buffy, the following characters were introduced: Buffy, Willow, Xander, Jesse, Cordelia, Giles. Guess which one died?

His villains are named Jonathan, Andrew, Ted, Warren. Relatively normal names like Lorne and Clem belong to demons. His heroes are named Spike, Angel, Riley, Anya, Faith, Dawn, Fred (female), Gunn, Connor. His Firefly heroes are named Mal, Wash, Jayne (male), River, and Book.

Yet another reason why I love Joss, I guess.

Oh, CNet has posted its listings of the top 10 Internet fads of all time. Looking beyond the fact that I'm currently writing on number 9, I only know half of the fads. But, oh, number 3 brings me back. Remembering college graduation, and the confused looks of 90% of the audience at the end of the Valedictorian speech... Ahhhh, memories...

1 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Pete is still my hero. I knew he was planning to end with "all your base," and I STILL thought it was hilarious.

Wed Aug 03, 03:04:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home