Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Well Prepared

After my bitch-fest yesterday about the weather, I came prepared today. 75 degrees, I'm in long sleeves. Geez, its July and I'm wearing long sleeves. On purpose. Without it being a costume or anything. I'm torn about whether I like this or not.

Well, last night was good, I had a sit-down-and-talk with my friend who I've been having issues with lately. Everything was laid on the table, and, although there's still going to be some work to be done, we're back on good terms again. So that rocks. ;)

Otherwise, today's a pretty slow posting day, as there's really nothing to report on this end. I wanted to point out to everyone, though, that I just added another link over on the sidebar to my now second-favorite webcomic (behind VG Cats), 8-Bit Theatre. It's a storyline that's been running for about 4 years, and is based in the universe of the original Final Fantasy, using sprites directly lifted from the original game as the visual medium. It takes units like Fighter, Black Mage, and Thief, and gives them all unique character traits. It also uses the occasional sprite from MegaMan and Strider, two more games I've always loved. Just VERY funny stuff.

Oh, and in other FF news, after making a stop at GameStop last night to get a cheap Tomb Raider game, I learned that Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is FINALLY going to be released in October. If anyone has never heard of this project, its a movie sequel to Final Fantasy VII, using the same techniques as Spirits Within, photo-realistic humans created using CGI. All of the original FFVII characters and some of the Summons will be appearing in the movie (including Aeris!), and it focuses on Sephiroth's clones. I will definitely be buying it when it comes out. I also wonder if they've cast any voice talent yet. Maybe bring some in from Kingdom Hearts?

Now if only they could do this with Final Fantasy VIII...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home