Monday, August 01, 2005

Busy Weekend

So I'm currently listening to one of my new CD's, Flogging Molly's Within A Mile Of Home. Faaaaantastic album, I have a feeling this one's gonna get a lot of play. I love Irish folk to begin with, and just add some electric guitar and it takes it to the next level.

I'll probably get to William Shatner's Has Been by the end of the day, too, but I know I love the singles off of it already.

I don't by music very often anymore, too big into Radio K and sports talk. So its good to know that I've gotten three great albums in the last week, no duds.

My weekend went well. Saw Wedding Crashers on Friday, which was a really fun movie. Funny guys, very cute girls, probably would have enjoyed it more if I had been to a few more weddings to understand the social structure of them.

The final Fiddler was on Saturday night. Yowsa. Its very difficult to enjoy the show when you can't stand their Tevye. My friend and I started by just being mildly annoyed by him, but we grew to hate him by the end of the play. Which was too bad because the rest of the cast did a great job, for the most part, and it was a very strong chorus. The daughters were all fantastic singers. The male chorus was strong, which is very important in this show. The suitors, although somewhat flat at some times and too egotistical at others, played the character types well.

But, good lord, I thought I was an arm actor. This guy was flailing like Jim Carrey on speed. He reminded me of a character from The State. Louie, The Guy Who Comes In And Says His Catch Phrase Over And Over. I was sitting over on the side of the theater and I could still almost see his eyes cross goofily during particular rants. And his dramatic scene with Chava turned him into a crying bratty child.

And, of course, the audience loved him.

Ah, well, there's no accounting for taste, I guess...

Anyway, the weekend was otherwise good. I picked up another Transformer, Red Alert (must sedate this addiction), and saw another round of Batman Begins with a few friends. Plus my grandpa's 80th b-day party was on Sunday, so that was good times, good food.

Not much else to report on, well, any other front. But maybe later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home