Tuesday, March 07, 2006

1960-2006


When I was, oh, six years old, the All-Star Game was in town. My parents had two tickets, and, because I didn't know baseball and my four-year-old brother was still, well, four, they brought the two of us to my grandparents house and left for the game.

That night was the first night I can remember watching a baseball game. Sitting with my grandpa on the couch in their basement, giggling at some of the funny names of some of the players. And that's the first day I heard of Kirby Bucket.

Well, a few days later I learned about Kirby PUCKETT instead. And I was a fan ever since.

Because of you, everyone wanted to be number 34.
We'll all miss you.

1 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

:-(

I am really surprised at how sad I am. The fact that CNN is reporting about a book that details Barry Bonds' steroid use makes it worse; it seems like all the new "heroes" are fakes.

*sigh*

Tue Mar 07, 04:24:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home