Monday, March 06, 2006

Fanboy Guilt

I may have mentioned it on this blog before, but don't you hate it when you buy something, think it's awesome, then discover the new improved version is coming out soon?

That's what's happening to me right now with my DS. Fantastic system, I'm having more fun with it than with, well, any other system I've ever had.

But the DS Lite, a lighter, sleeker version of the system, has been released in Japan. Going beyond a hot new system, it's become a phenomenon. Stores selling out before they even open, units being bought back for a higher price to be sold by an even HIGHER price, lines stretching around corners, fans in the US ordering them from Japan... hell, it got a mention on one of my radio shows this morning, and this is a show that doesn't enjoy many games.

There's currently no release date here in the US, but I'd think it would be here by the end of the summer. And part of me feels bad for buying the original DS if this system is supposed to be a vast improvement.

But, ah, well, I'll live. It just kinda sucks to read all the news I've read about the system in the last few weeks and knowing that I probably put down $130 dollars prematurely.

Also, another game, to be released in America in April, is the first DS WiFi RPG. Called Lost Magic, one feature that's interesting me the most is the spell-casting system which involves using the stylus as a wand, drawing patterns on the touch screen to cast an effective spell. Seems cool, kinda like the Healing Touch feature on Trauma Center.

In other news, I made a trip to Ikea for my new condo. A decent place if you know what you're shopping for, I ended up with a bookshelf, a coffee table, a wooden 4-shelf unit, an XL poster frame, a toolbox, and 2 cutting boards for $110, tax included. I usually feel wrong putting down that much in one place, but it fills up the place nicely.

Next weekend my fam's getting a moving truck to haul in the bulky stuff, and then I'll be in.

I watched the Oscars last night, and all I can say is that Three 6 Mafia's acceptance speech was potentially the greatest acceptance speech in Oscar history. Felt like was watching the Video Music Awards, or something.

Finally, I just found out that they're playing an X3 trailer during 24 tonight. Now I might actually have to watch. And be confused for 2 hours. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home