Friday, June 17, 2005

Slow News Day?

Here's an article from CNN.com's front page. The headline section. Seriously, its not from The Onion, or anything.

Anyway, I finished Pratchett's second Discworld novel, The Light Fantastic, last night. I had read the first one, The Color of Magic, and basically read this one purely because I figured that "It HAS to be better than that, this is a really famous author." Well, at least now I can say that I'll be comfortable attempting the third one at some point. After Tevye the Milkman. And The Communist book. And Half-Blood Prince. And probably the next novel in Turtledove's Great War series.

And, as you can see, I can't remember the lessons I learned in grade-school English, about which titles are just capitalized, which are italicized, and which are quoted. I think I did it right...

Speaking of Tevye, I just started it last night at dinner, and its hitting a dilemma with me. I'm reading the novel, obviously, because I want to read the story from which Fiddler originated (I'm doing it AGAIN!). However, the book has more than the Tevye story. It also has a section called The Railroad Stories, and also has a 40-page introduction. Normally I'd read a book cover-to-cover, but having gotten halfway through the intro, I've learned that the intro in this case is more of an analysis of the text, complete with spoilers.

Plus I currently have no interest in reading the second half of the book.

They're two completely different stories. I have to decide if it goes against my nature to skip the rest of the intro, read the first half of the book, THEN read the intro. Then move to another book.

Oy. The things you don't wanna read me bitch about, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home