Thursday, March 09, 2006

Slaps Myself Silly


Just gotta make sure I'm not dreaming.

Hasbro's releasing a series of figures in their Titanium series, diecast models previously used for Star Wars figures. Some will be 3 inch non-posable figures. Some will be 6 inch, diecast, fully transformable figures from the Dreamwave prequel series War Within, which chronicled the history of the Transformers before their journey to Earth.

The first two, which appeared at ToyFair this year, were Optimus Prime, a decent figure, and Megatron, which has been pretty much agreed that it was shown mis-transformed. In neither case were they shown in their alt-mode, although you can see Optimus' on his box.

But today, however, came the first images of the next two figures in the series. Fully transformable, it could be argued that these are the two best figures in the history of the franchise, especially for six inch figures.

I want to show these to you all, so I'm not even going to make the link, I'm going to just post them. All images come from Big Bad Toystore, an online toy retailer, and Transformers World 2005. Click the pictures for the full-size image.

First off, Jetfire:

Alt-Mode:

Robot Mode:


Thundercracker, one of Starscream's Seekers:

Alt-Mode:


Robot Mode:

What can I say? If Hasbro decides to make more figures like this, then I simply don't want them to make any more Alternators. THESE are the best figures they've ever made. You could argue that the 20th Anniversary Optimus was a better figure, but these are both beautiful and affordable, announced originally at $20 or $30, if I remember correctly.

BTW, I'm apparently back to dorking out. But I might have some pictures from the memorial later, I'm thinking of picking up a disposable cam and heading over there either at lunchtime or after work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home