Monday, May 23, 2005

It's Always Something

I have plans. Plans to write, plans to get a house, plans to get married. But something always gets in the way.

At least in the case of the first two, something got in the way last night. The third one, hell, things have been getting in the way for a year now, but whatever...

Sunday night decided to be the day my car went on the fritz. As of the writing of this blog I haven't heard back from the car place to hear the cost estimate, but my guess is its going to come down to either repairing it or buying a new car. Either way I've been trying to hold some money for a mortgage, and if this hits 4 digits then that's probably gonna be thrown out the window for a while. I'm probably being pessimistic, but its just the way my life is going right now. More and more I'm leaning towards moving home for a few months while I get the money. It has the potential to drive me nuts after living alone for almost 3 years, but it's a decent alternative to flushing money down the rent toilet for another year.

In other news, I was very impressed with Time Magazine. Their two movie guys just released an unranked list of their top 100 movies. The biggest, most pleasant surprise? Mixed in amongst such classics as Citizen Kane, Casablanca, and It's a Wonderful Life is Drunken Master II, a Hong Kong kung fu movie by a pre-Americanized Jackie Chan. Just a fantastic movie, it was released in America a few years ago as Legend of Drunken Master, and if you get a chance to see it, do, its a really fun movie with incredible fight choreography. It makes me happy just thinking about the final fight in the factory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home