Wednesday, October 05, 2005

NO ONE CARES!! WOO HOO!

Before we begin:

Prince Adam sings 4 Non Blondes.

It's wet here. Really wet. Highways flooded, all that fun stuff. Not exactly Katrina-flooded, but still quite a bit.

Yesterday I said I was going to post my review of Leobreaker during the evening. But I decided not to.

Do you want to run this ship?

Well... you can't.

Not that anyone's caring.

So, Leobreaker. Takara and Hasbro have a history of "upgrading" their characters on the TV show. In the past these upgrades have simply been repaints, with the new colors being explained as new power, or something like that.

Cybertron is changing all that. There will be repaints, but they're going to be more limited. Instead, many characters are going through actual upgrades, with new designs, new alt-modes, new sizes.

Leobreaker is the first of these characters. An upgrade of Overhaul, he will be followed in the next few months by upgrades of Hot Shot, Red Alert, and Scattorshot. He also is a rare figure in the Cyberton series with a Powerlinx feature, transforming into an arm that can be attached to Optimus Prime or Megatron. I'll probably get into that part of the review in the future when I get a hold of either of those figures.

For now the verdict is out about whether it's a better toy or not. It's definitely bigger, definitely more flexible. But the inherent strengths and weaknesses of a Beast Wars-style figure comes out in this figure.

Leobreaker's new alt-mode is a Liger. For those of you don't know what a Liger is, it's a crossbreed of a lion and a tiger. And, yes, these things do exist, along with their counterparts, the Tigon and the Leopon. As usual, the alt-mode doesn't have much exciting about it. It's an animal, woo. I prefer the original alt-mode of Overhaul's safari vehicle, the only vehicle in an otherwise animal filled Jungle Planet. The Planet Key feature unsheathes some claws.

The robot mode, however, is definitely an improvement over the original. Sure, he's got the Beast Wars basic transformation going, and the chest has a Power Rangers kinda feel to it, and the hands can't hold anything, but... well, okay, so its not the greatest ever, but the head's very cool, and the arms actually bend. Plus the claws in this mode connect the figure to its origins.

And that's that. I'll probably enjoy him more when I get Optimus, Megatron, and Dark Leobreaker for Megatron's arm.

My favorite of the three new figures will get the review tomorrow. Or when I feel like it. Take that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! I'm a fellow transformer fan. I like your review of Leo Breaker! I'm hoping to save enough money to buy Supreme Starscream soon. Check out my blog, let me know what you think!

Thu Nov 03, 04:52:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Bill said...

Thank Ya Much... I'll be posting my reviews of Longrack and Sideways as soon as I have the motivation. So far I've only purchased one figure over $25 (Scourge), so I have yet to get Optimus, Megatron (waiting for Galvatron), or Starscream...

Fri Nov 04, 07:58:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home