Monday, October 10, 2005

Stupid Stupid Snakes

Biologists are fearing the effects of snakes in the Everglades after a python tried to eat a six-foot gator, and blew up in the process.

They seem to be seeing it as threatening the ecosystem. I see it as evidence that snakes are stupid.

Just for kicks, Snakes on a Plane.

I saw Serenity again last night, effectively killing my "Staying Up Late" card for the week. Just as good the second time around.

But it got me thinking (because I'm a dork)...

So after Firefly went off the air in 2002. Because of the quick and undeserved cancellation, Joss Whedon did some favors to some of the major cast members, giving them parts on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Nate Fillion played Caleb, the evil preacher-slash-The-First-worshipper. Gina Torres played Jasmine, the evil goddess who had the power to have everyone fall in love with her at first sight. Adam Baldwin played Marcus Hamilton, the (of course) evil replacement for Eve as liason to the Senior Partners.

So it got me thinking: why did he stop there? Why not cast Summer Glau as a late-arrival Potential Slayer?

Have Angel fall for Jewel Staite as Nina the werewolf?

Instead of giving the part of Knox to Johnathan Woodward, a one-episode guy on Firefly & Buffy, shouldn't it have been Sean Maher sacrificing Fred to Illyria?

Or Morena Baccarin as Eve, the original Liason and girl toy for Lindsey?

Ron Glass as a shaman in Get It Done? Or a new character, maybe a surviving Watcher?

Alan Tudyk as the human puppet on Smile Time? Or maybe as Lawson, the submarine pilot turned vampire?

Yes, I think about these things.

Elsewhere, I had a brilliant plan fall through this weekend, but it wasn't too surprising that it fell through. I bought Smallville seasons 1 & 2 on sale at Target, expecting it to be some decent eBay fodder.

Nope. Everyone else beat me to the punch. I bought the 45 dollar DVD set for 20 bucks, and they're now selling on eBay for, oh, 15 or 16.

I would have tried it with Gilmore Girls, but a man has his limits.

The rest of the weekend was more or less spent playing my newest addiction, Dark Cloud 2. It's like Dark Cloud 1, but with soooo many more frickin layers it's not even funny.

Dark Cloud 1 was best described as Zelda meets SimCity. Dark Cloud 2 is Zelda meets SimCity meets Twisted Metal meets Pokemon Snap meets Tiger Woods Golf. And, yes, it's just as deep and replayable as all those layers let on. Holy mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home