Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm An American

You Passed the US Citizenship Test
Congratulations - you got 10 out of 10 correct!



Could You Pass the US Citizenship Test?

There, I'm an American...

I'm still sick over here. Now it's been reduced to just an extremely stuffy nose. I'd actually prefer the sore throat. At least then I could breathe.

Well, after a change of schedule last night that I won't get into, I ended up doing some driving around, with my usual shopping run.

I didn't find my Prowl.

I didn't find my Jetfire (at least not in the price range I'm looking for).

But I DID find something that makes me proud in an extremely geeky sorta way.

It's always nice to be the first on your message board to find the release of a new wave of figures. Last night at the Plymouth Target I found the new wave of Cybertron scouts. It's also nice to be the 5th person in the country to be able to say on a website that you've found figures in your area.

I left a few for others to buy, mostly because I'm not a fan of this wave as a whole. Mini-Cons I can do without. Backstop sucks. Brushguard's the first repaint to come out in the series.

But I did buy the third in the Hasbro-exclusive scout figures (the first two being Hardtop & Armorhide), a Jungle Planet figure, and not that bad of a toy.

Wreckloose has a very basic alt mode, a lizard... salamander... thing... The picture on the left doesn't show it off as well as this one, but he's actually a very realistic figure, in terms of design and coloration. The problem with looks arise when he is wearing the helmet-weapon-jigger. And the item that frightened a lot of collectors off in the first place is his Planet Key function, where Wreckloose develops a pair of antlers. Lizards with antlers makes a TON of sense, I know.
Basically my conundrum is showing off the figure as he should be, or the way that looks good but creates extra kibble...
His robot mode has a few creative points to it. The legs are created by the tail, which splits out (and the legs set on one side creates an original, asymmetrical look), and the head splits open at the neck to reveal the head. The helmet-weapon-jigger can be attached to the back, antlers spread, and actually looks pretty good. It can also be held as a weapon, which is not as good.
Overall, not a great figure, but not that bad for a scout. Like most scouts, his Planet Key function is pretty worthless, but doesn't get in the way of the overall character.
I still have yet to get to two more reviews, one of which is for a figure I've been looking forward to since I first saw a picture. But that could wait for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home