Friday, November 04, 2005

Strange Pairings

A few months ago I posted my story for ithurtsmybrain's Pairing List. Basic premise being the author, trollprincess, has a couple thousand genre names placed in a hat, then draws them at random (or semi-random) to create pairings. Then you write a story based on some of these pairings.

Last year, despite wanting to do one with Devon & Slugworth, as well as Mal & The Joker, I ended up doing only one: Dr. Evil & Anya.

Here it is, for those who haven't read it.

The new list has been posted. Some odd ones are definitely there.

This year, here's what I'm looking at. First the potentials, and curse Blogspot for not letting me set these the way they look on this page:















Mr. Pink v Barbara Gordon. Probably not gonna happen, as I don't know either character well enough. But it definitely has potential from the crimefighter perspective. And could also be two different stories, depending on which point in Babs' history you want to go for: Batgirl v. Oracle.
















Rita Skeeter & Starfire. For those who have never seen Teen Titans, the best way to describe Starfire would be a bubblier, more chipper version of Anya. Very literal in her speech, very formal. She'd be a hoot of an interview, especially if Rita decided to start pushing for relationship stuff between her and Robin.














Mr. Furious v. Grimace. Because Grimace makes me furious.















Harmony v. Kelso. The two biggest airheads on their respective shows. It would be a pleasure to read, but I dont 'think I have the chops to write it.

Other ones that barely missed the cut included Leelu v. Beaker and Gollum v. Luna Lovegood, but I'll leave those to others.

So now the ones that I will probably (hopefully) write:
















Dawn Summers v. River Tam. Imagine what she says when another superpowered chick comes into the neighborhood. The big question will be how to get them together. I could also go slash on it, but I don't have the balls to pull that off. I think they're both legal...














Neville Longbottom v. Michigan J. Frog. Neville's my favorite HP character. And he has a frog. One that could potentially sing. This thing writes its damn self!

















Count Dooku v. Super Grover. Lightsaber meets flailing foam. Hilarity ensues.


At least ONE to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home