Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Update on FREEDOM!

First off, I have to try really hard to not read any more of my new book, Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. I'm going to probably talk more about it after Christmas, but the best way to describe it is Lord of the Flies meets The Running Man. It's intense, it's ultraviolent, and it's incredibly absorbing. And considering I'm only 9 pages into a Harry Potter fanfic that I would like to get done by Christmas Day, I have to try to keep myself from any other fictional worlds that will taint my thoughts.

And I say this as I watch Firefly for the first time since Serenity.

For those who have any interest in my fanfic, I'm currently about halfway through it. I'm not sure how much I've discussed it with anyone, but here's a brief summary:

(Highlight the text if you're interested, and if you have read HBP)

Harry, Ron, and Hermione return to The Burrow on Christmas Eve, a brief respite from their search for Voldemort and the horcruxes. That night a betrayal causes a chain of events that will end in the final conflict between Harry Potter and The Dark Lord.

There, isn't that purdy?

I'll be writing a bit more soon about what things have been goin on during the week, but I'm too tired to write more. I'm gonna attempt a little more Potter, then bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home