Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Random Goodness

- Second place, baby! I won, um, absolutely nothing!

- After going through the pairing list suggestions, I came to the realization that everyone tended to play it scared. Thankfully I have a friend who's going to jump into the pile and take a bullet for everyone by putting some basic names on her list that no one else put on theirs. You know, the REALLY OBVIOUS ones that everyone ignored because they thought someone else would get to it?

Thanks, Jenn, you'll give us all Harry Potter, Buffy Summers, and Ginny and Ron Weasley. Amazing no one got to it sooner.

- KHII's making me giddier and giddier. It's really difficult to talk about it without giving away spoilers, but in the past night or two I discovered:

1) Olympus is an honest-to-god level this time, not just a "competition" place. You start in Hades. Which rules.

2) Chicken Little is my first summons, but I haven't tried him yet.

3) The level-exclusive characters (Beast, Mulan, etc) have dual attacks with Sora that kick all sorts of ass.

4) If you get killed, you can come back to life right where you left off... but you have to earn it first by controlling an alternate character that I will leave unnamed (although it's fairly obvious if I do mention it) until he can build up enough energy to revive Sora.

- Radio ads are bugging me. First came the extremely annoying Dunwoody ads (what the hell are they trying to advertise?), and the damn 867-5309 commercials (stop it!), but now, in the past few days, I've heard:

1) An ad on sports talk radio in Spanish. Not bad in itself, but I keep asking myself, "if you can't speak English, then why are you listening to sports talk radio?"

2) The revival of a horrific Subway jingle that died in the early 90's and should have stayed dead. And "revival" probably isn't the right word, either: it's the EXACT SAME SONG, the same recording, everything. Not a song I want in my head all day.

Okay, lunch beckons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home