Sunday, July 03, 2005

I'm Weak!

Oh, and which LOTR character am I?
Theoden, apparently...

And, yes, I'm weak. But its not like I wouldn't have been spending it, anyway... Actually, I talked myself out of it on Thursday, only to buy it on Saturday.

I'm talking about another Transformer, of course. Not as cool as the two I bought the first day, but still not bad. Landmine is a 10 dollar figure, but that's kinda deceiving, and not in a good way. The problem I've always had with construction-based vehicles is that they always look smaller than they are, and Landmine is no exception. His vehicle mode is a bulldozer, and the scoop makes him look like he should be a scout figure. The same thing happened with Steamhammer in the Energon line, as I tend to look at the main body and not the entire figure.

The Planet Key mode is pretty interesting for this character, with the wheels flipping up and becoming rotating blades. There are small wheels built within the body that allow both tires to spin at the same time, which is kinda neat, and there are two small wheels on the bottom of the vehicle that allows it to move even while the back tires are up.

Robot mode makes up for the price. It's smaller than Hot Shot, the only other 10 dollar figure I have for size comparison, but its still a good looking figure. The only problem I have with it is the shovels, which make the arm articulation a lot more limited, plus it makes the figure take up a LOT more space on the shelf.

The Planet Key mode almost doesn't bear mentioning, with the rear wheels flipping up in back and having the blades come out. "Look out, Megatron, I'm gonna back into you!!" Probably not gonna be used here.

In other news, yesterday I had some fun. Minigolf and Coldstone with my friend Andi, then went to my friend James's (or something like that) band at an old bar in North St Paul. Today's gonna be full, with a trip to Red Wing, then probably hanging out downtown tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home