Thursday, June 30, 2005

Mission Temporarily Averted

First off:
I really wanted to be Cleveland, but whatcha gonna do?

Alright, now that that's out of the way...

So I had a pretty slow weekend planned. I also had a plan to storm my local Toys R Us tonight to do some shopping.

But then the 3-day weekend started developing. And I also forgot a little thing like my parents' anniversary. Oops.

So now I have a family dinner tonight with potential for toy storming if I get done with that early enough, toy storming tomorrow definitely, friendly get-together with my buddy Andi whom I haven't seen since last RenFest, a potential trip to Wisconsin Sunday or Sunday/Monday, and fireworks on Monday evening.

You know, this whole "taking advantage of a three-day weekend" think really cuts into the sleepin time...

In other news, the Hunt for Condo begins. I had my first meeting with a realtor(s) last night, and things are looking pretty promising. Wednesday night is going to be my first shot at looking at places, and we'll go from there...

Also, I was at Target this afternoon, as usual, and walking by the video section, when on the screen they put up an advertisement for "Are We There Yet?", the Ice Cube family comedy (and if five years ago you told me I'd be saying that phrase, I'd have laughed in your face). The voiceover is quoted as saying "From the director of Snow Dogs!" And you're telling me that NO ONE in the marketing department for this movie realized that that phrase isn't exactly a high compliment? or a compliment? or even a neutral phrase? It could be an Academy-caliber movie, but as soon as they say "From the director of Snow Dogs," I throw eggs at it.

Same with this new Martin Lawrence basketball movie. Not a movie I want to see in the first place, but saying "from the people who brought you Cheaper By The Dozen" doesn't exactly instill me with a lot of confidence.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home