Sunday, July 17, 2005

You Have Three Days!

Okay, so I'm gonna keep this thing as spoiler-free as possible. Just getting off the phone with Carla for the last two hours has allowed me a little bit of reprieve. However, I give the non-read Potter world at large this warning: you have until Wednesday, then I'm goin off, spoilers and all!

So here's what I'll say:

Wow. Can't wait for book seven. Things happened in this that I wanted to happen, things happened that I thought would happen, while other things surprised me. Characters were developed and fleshed out to a degree that I would not have thought would happen. Elements were introduced that will give the next book in the series a scope I had previously thought Rowling wouldn't go to.

And my fanfic, which I may post here if my beta doesn't get done with it soon, is now officially "alternate reality" as there's NO WAY I could tweak it to fit in with the events of Half-Blood Prince.

I could, however, tweak the sequel I have planned and still make it work as a stand-alone. Time, energy, and brainpower will tell.

The final score, with the final breakdown occurring on Wednesday:

One right, three wrong, one open for debate.

Vague enough for ya? Spoiler-free reaction SUCKS!

And now, I sleep. Well, video games then sleep. I have to figure out what the hell I'm doing now that I'm done reading the book a day earlier than previously planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home