Friday, July 15, 2005

AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

This is going to be shorter than originally intended, as my internet decided "HEY! Let's disconnect and make Bill lose all the stuff he was going to blog before he gets a chance to save it!"

What a past 24 hours. I find out that the condo I really want has been jacked up $5,000 and shrunk by 30 square feet. I buy a toy, Thundercracker, who I will NOT be rewriting my review for because he's not worth the trouble. And now this.

Faaaaaantastic.

But Half-Blood Prince comes out tomorrow at 12:01 am. Can't wait to get started on this bastahd. There's a good article on MSNBC from a Minneapolis writer who lists fairly well the unanswered questions and breaks down the theories.

The plan for me this weekend is go to Fiddler at Mounds View, pick up the book, read a chapter or two before bed (because I won't be able to NOT read some of it), then read tomorrow until 6 or 7. Then I'll go make some runs to TRU and dinner, and probably do the same sunday afternoon. But otherwise I'm locking myself in, closing the windows, and turning on the AC for the first time this summer.

So I suppose that leads up to my final prediction, which I guess also isn't the biggest, left-field shot in the world.

Dumbledore will die in Half-Blood Prince.

However, I don't think he'll be the only one to die.

It makes TOO much sense for Dumbledore to die. He MUST die. Harry and the gang have been leaning on him to get them out of trouble for the last 5 years, and in book seven they're going to have to do it on their own.

So Dumbledore will have to go the way of Obi-Wan, as he's pulled a Gandalf a little TOO often in this series. Mixed metaphors, I know, but you know what I mean. In Lord of the Rings, you knew that they were going to win because Gandalf was there. Star Wars you didn't know for sure, because the most powerful member bit the dust.

But its too easy, too predictable, for Dumbledore to die. Rowling needs to take out someone else to stir the pot. Who that will be is anyone's guess. Hagrid would make sense. Lucius Malfoy's death would pave the way for Draco to become a bigger threat in book seven. Possibly an attack on St Mungo's, taking out the Longbottom parents, would drive Neville off the cliff.

So I can't really guess who it would be. All I'm predicting is that someone else beyond Dumbledore will go.

And you probably won't hear from me again until Sunday night or Monday morning, so see y'all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

Have you seen my latest link, to the Dumbledore's death in the style of other authors contest? Flippin' hilarious.

Also, if you compose entried offline in a text editor you will have fewer lost connection problems.

Fri Jul 15, 03:09:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home