Thursday, July 14, 2005

Wow, I Didn't Have A Title


I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Hmmm... sounds apt...

That's the What Pre-1985 Video Game Character Are You? Quiz, btw. Its a fun one. I guess Mario was my top one, or I could have been a Gauntlet Adventurer. This one works better, though. Actually, I want everyone who reads my blog to try this one out, I wanna know what everyone else is, there's a dozen different characters.

Nothing too thrilling happening in my life right now, so I'm gonna use this blog to talk Movie Crap. As usual.

First off, you MAY have noticed an addition to my sidebar, I added a Blogroll for blogs from both friends and otherwise. One of the three I have there so far is the official movie blog for Transformers. The official website for the movie is now up, along with an official release date: July 4th, 2007.

This may not seem like a huge deal to some, but its a good sign. Right now there are only two movie announced for Summer 2007, Spider-Man 3 and Transformers. Plus its being released on the 4th. This means that Dreamworks is taking this movie VERY seriously, probably as the big tentpole movie for the 2007 season. The combination of release date, people involved, and the time that they're allowing themselves to produce it, it's a very good sign.

Also, Tom Arnold has been quoted about a sequel to True Lies. Not that Tom Arnold is exactly the most reliable source in the world, considering what he's done since then (not much), he says that he, James Cameron, Jamie Lee Curtis, Eliza Dushku, and Bill Paxton all got together a few weeks ago and decided that they want to do the sequel, which would probably involve Dushku's character getting in on the "family business." It's all a matter of getting Ahnold on board.

If this happens, I'm in. True Lies is one of those movies that you forget that you like until you see it on TV and have to stop to watch it. Its a dumb action movie, but it DEFINITELY doesn't take itself seriously, and I've always enjoyed it.

Finally, two more days till Potter, so that leaves two more predictions. Since the big prediction is probably very anti-climactic, I'll put the BIG one out today, and leave the last one for tomorrow.

Drum Roll.

Dumbledore is the Half-Blood Prince.

Yeah, yeah, I know, big flipping whoop, its pretty much what everyone's thinking. But since it hasn't been released yet, well, we don't know for sure. It makes the most sense, though. The only thing we know about Dumbledore's history is that he has a brother. Being a half-blood would make a lot of sense, given his views of Muggles in general, especially in the face of pure-blood skepticism over the years. A man who's grown up as powerful as Dumbledore SHOULD seem like the type who'd look down on Muggles, but having a Muggle mother or father would seem to temper that a bit.

So, there ya go, my prediction. If its anyone else, I'll be happy, because I want to be knocked out of my shoes. Dumbledore being the Half-Blood Prince would be predictable and wouldn't shock me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home