Friday, July 08, 2005

One Dream Shattered

My original plan was to see Fantastic Four tonight, but after seeing splat after splat on Rotten Tomatoes I decided "eh, I'll save that money for The Island or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Or, hell, I can get a TF scout figure with the $8 I woulda spent on this movie!"

Seriously, read those reviews. The overall rating of the movie was 21%. Compare that to Batman Begins at 83%, 73% for War of the Worlds. Heck, even Sith got an 82%, even though I think a lot of that were from reviews in comparison to Phantom and Clones.

Ah, well. At least I have Potter to look forward in 7 days. I keep forgetting that its ALMOST TIME.

Oh, speaking of Potter, I'm gonna try this quiz out, Which Potter Kid are you?:


Okay, two dreams shattered. Would it have killed them to ask me for my gender? Besides, I wanted to be Neville. Kinda. Crap. I would have even taken Ginny.

However, the Manga Hermione look is kinda cool. Here's the website where the quizmaster recieved the art. The artist, Ayne Greensleeves, falls into the "romantic manga" kind of style. Very cool to look at, especially since we're all so used to Mary GrandPre's somewhat-cartoonish work in the novels. This artist tends to pretty or cutie everyone up, even Lupin, Viktor, and Neville, but, again, some interesting ideas here. Even the ugly people in manga are purdy. I liked it so much, the link will be over on my sidebar in the next few minutes.

The weekend is almost upon me. Once again, I will get into more details about the weekend once it plays out, as to not make too big of an ass of myself in advance. I'll probably get into a detailed breakdown of the entire weekend on Sunday night. Right now the only thing I'll say is I'm going to the library tonight to deal with a shitload of overdue books. Nothing like doing shows to make you lose track of time. Luckily there's only a few that are a week old, the rest were just due yesterday or Tuesday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

I got Hermione, too, when I did that quiz a couple years ago. Ima do it again, see if it's changed any (or, you know, I've changed any).

Fri Jul 08, 02:13:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home