Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hmmm.... Wii...

So I just read an article about the new Smash Brothers game coming out for the Wii (I think). Sounds like it should be a really fun game, what with all the new characters they're adding into the mix.

They're bringing in Pit. Friggin Kid Icarus, the black sheep of the Nintendo family! As some of you may or may not remember, when I handed in my pairing list a few months back, KI was one of my 25. Should be fun to see him finally brought out of the 8-bit universe.

Well, unless you're counting Captain N. That Kid sucked-icus.

Beyond that, they're adding Wario, Metaknight from Kirby, and are also bumping up the feminine factor by giving us a battlesuitless Samus Aran. I have a feeling adding a blonde in a tight body suit will probably help sales a little bit.

Everyone's all pumped because Solid Snake is going to be in the game, too. Me, not so much. I was never a big fan of the Metal Gear series, so it doesn't do anything for me one way or the other. It does open the door for plenty of other third-party crossover in the future. Smash Brothers Brawl 2 featuring Mega Man? Cloud? The Prince? We can only cross our fingers.

The most interesting part for me, personally? Well, beyond Pit?

The Nintendogs make an appearance.

Weird.

Nothing too much new to talk about beyond that. Super Mario comes out today for the DS, but I'm content to wait to get it used. Too many other things occupying my time and money right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home