Saturday, June 04, 2005

Quick Mental Test

Alright, for some reason I was trying to figure out if I could remember the lineup, starters, setup man, and closer for the 87 Twins championship team. Let's see how I do:

1B: Kent Hrbek
2B: Gene Larkin or Steve Lombardozzi
3B: Gary Gaetti
SS: Greg Gagne
LF: Dan Gladden
CF: Kirby Puckett
RF: Tom Brunanski
C: Tim Laudner
DH: Larkin or Al Newman

#1 Starter: Frank Viola
#2 Starter: Bert Blyleven
Setup Man: Jeff Reardon
Closer: a latin name I can't remember, Valenzuela?

Who I got wrong:

Lombardozzi was 2nd base, with Roy Smalley as DH. Straker, Niekro, and Smithson were the other 3 starters. Juan Berenguer was our setup man, with Reardon as closer (4 saves vs 31). Newman and Larkin were both bench players/utility, as were Don Baylor and Randy Bush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home