Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Well, That's That...

Just got the email from the group I auditioned for last week, to announce that, yup, I'm not in the show. Not too surprising, since my entire callback was based on one song that I had only seen for the first time 15 minutes before the performance, one that was near the top of my range and for a character that I probably wouldn't have been cast as anyway. Ah, well, I won't miss them, and it'll probably be the last time I audition for that theatre. Barring any vast improvement in the company, I see no reason to go back to them.

So this leaves me with a free summer. Which, right now, is totally fine, but I know I'll be banging my head against the desk come this August. And since I'm moving out of my apartment at the end of September I won't be jumping in to any fall shows, either... Probably... eeeeeeee...

Speaking of, I've more-or-less narrowed my choices down to two this fall: Moving into my own condo/townhouse or moving home for a few months and building up my revenue. I'll hopefully be meeting with the mortgage lady here at work this week to figure out just how worth it it would be for me to get that mortgage now compared to January or February, and will go from there.

Back to rehearsal tonight, thank God. From now till the first matinee on June 12th I'll have one
full day off, so I know I'll be begging for a breather by next Thursday or Friday. But right now I'm just antsy to see how Act II plays out tonight. I'll be bringing a book since I'm only in one scene plus a quick "cameo" appearance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home