Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oooooh, Batman...

Dark Horizons posted a summation of the rumor mill for the next Batman movie, and I sure hope it's true, because I like what I'm hearing.

First off, the one that still appears to be in the air is the Joker. Names are being bandied about, none of which particularly thrill me, but none of which particularly make me frightened, either.

Here's what the mentioned:

Paul Bettany: I've mentioned him as brought up for the role in an earlier blog, I think. Decent choice, and he's white enough where he could probably play Joker without any makeup. We'll see how he does as Silas in DaVinci Code (here's a shot) to figure out if he's creepy enough.

Ryan Reynolds: An odd choice, and definitely not one that he would definitely have to earn from the fans perspective. But he's done scary, and single-handedly saved Blade III, so I think he could handle it.

Michael Keaton: Probably nothing more than fan-masturbation at this point, but it would certainly be a kick to see Batman from the original movies switch sides. Watch Beetlejuice, and you'll see he's a great choice.

Johnny Depp: An obvious choice, considering his popularity and range. But one thing Christopher Nolan probably want to avoid is a villain overshadowing the hero, like what happened in the first series of films. Johnny Depp as The Joker would definitely do that, and the other three names probably would not.

These names aren't what drew me to post this thing, though. It's who is apparently the front-runner to play Harvey Dent, Two-Face of the comics and of the third movie.

Liev Schreiber. Sweet monkey doodoo, why didn't I think of him before? If he gets cast in the role, it's a perfect fit. He's got the age, the looks, the chops. He's one of those actors who makes any movie better simply by his presence.

And he could definitely pull off Two-Face as the stone-cold killer type.

I want this to happen!

In other movie news, the guy who wrote Trainspotting is going to be writing the script for The Dark Is Rising. I love the book series, and I'm officially nervous. It definitely has the potential for Dark.

Quick Edit: Decided that, since I was linking all the Transformers sites, I should probably do the same for the movie sites. So there ya go, Dark Horizons, Cinescape, and IMDb are all linked on my sidebar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home