Thursday, December 29, 2005

mp3: The Awakening

Sign of the times: I am just now getting to enjoy my first digital music player after having downloaded maybe, oh, 12 songs in my lifetime, from other people's networks.

It's not a massive mp3 player (and I'm technically playing windows media, not mp3's). it holds around 1 G of music, but I'm having fun with it so far. I have four cd's on that took up about 200m. I'll be tossing more on this weekend, and will be updating what I have on, for those who care about my, um, varied music tastes.

Four albums so far, they may be edited in the future to remove songs I'm not a fan of:

- Pearl Jam: Ten
- Oasis: What's The Story (Morning Glory)?
- RENT: OBC
- BtVS: Once More With Feeling Soundtrack

I'm also currently downloading Evanescence onto my computer, with stuff like Alien Ant Farm, Modest Mouse, Smashing Pumpkins, Weird Al, Metallica, Bush, Green Day, Journey, and The Offspring to be tossed on this weekend.

And I'm also recognizing that I may have to ditch a lot of Rent & Buffy already, because a lot of the songs just don't work in shuffle format. Ah, well, most of the stuff I like is good in fragmented format.

Technology, even modest technology, rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home