Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Why Don't People Tell Me These Things?!?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster has been in the public eye since at least June, and I'm just hearing about it now? Curse you, liberal media!

Three more names to add to the Batman pool, two of them loosely confirmed as "rumor", and a third just tossed out there. All from this article on darkhorizons.com:

- Philip Seymour Hoffman in talks to play The Penguin. I can see it, but not sure how he's going to be integrated into a film that already has The Joker and Harvey Dent, unless they just keep him in crime boss status, either separate or antagonistic to Joker. Possibly as a replacement to the Falcone gang.

- Sam Rockwell is apparently campaigning to play Joker. Again, he wouldn't be my top choice to play Joker, but he's a name that I never thought of, and I'd have to put him in top five. But I guess my vision of a Joker in Batman Begins II would be someone older than Christian Bale, a character who's already established himself in the crime world as Jack Napier (or whoever) before reverting to his alter-ego.

- The name that was just tossed into the pool by Garth at DH, just his personal choice, no word anywhere on any involvement, is Geoffrey Rush. Not a bad name to toss in there, although my top choice would be Michael Keaton or Kevin Spacey (if he wasn't already Lex Luthor).

Elsewhere, I've spent a lot of money in the last few days, not even counting my car repair bill. When you have 300 in Christmas money, plus another 100-150 that you're allowing yourself to be loose and easy with, the pile can grow a bit:

- Nintendo DS with three games so far: Mario Kart, Kingdom Hearts, and Risk/Battleship/Clue
- A new cellphone, as my old one has ceased to be a useful member of society
- 60 dollars in cellphone cards (but they only cost me $50, so in the end I'm saving money)
- Serenity (do I even have to explain why?)
- Gunbuster (one of my favorite anime of all time, just ordered from the ebay for 11 dollars)
- Evac (review pending, along with 3 others)

Along with that, I still have my copy of Smallville season 2 to return, in exchange for season 1 for cheaper at Target.

I'm still thinking I'm going to get one more game for the DS, as the only two games I've bought (KH and R/B/C) are technically games for the Advance. I'd like to have one game that's pretty modern and popular so I can take advantage of the Wi-Fi connection on a populated game like Animal Crossing, or a game that uses the touchpad, like Trauma Center, Phoenix Wright, or Lost In Blue.

Also, Starscream is currently clearance priced, so I'm gonna wait a week or two to see if it drops in price even more before picking it up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Turtle said...

You have no one to blame but yourself on the FSM front -- I've posted about him at least twice.

Wed Dec 28, 03:47:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home