Monday, February 20, 2006

Crazy Crazy

I recorded this race. I will watch it again and again after I get it back from a loanee.

She has no one to blame but herself. For being an idiot.

But, hell, the whole thing made me decide that snowboard cross is my new favorite Olympic sport. Second is curling, but that's mostly because of the Bemidji girls.

I didn't get a chance to watch the men's race because of rehearsal, but I made sure to record the entire Friday broadcast, quarterfinals, semis, and the final, which by itself had:

1) One racer go through a cyclone fence
2) One racer carted off on a stretcher
And, of course, 3) The Idiocy

Just a great event. For those who don't know it, it's basically motocross with a snowboard: four competitors going down a track at the same time, complete with ramps and jumps. Just high quality stuff.

Well, the show has opened. And, wow, that was probably the wackiest weekend I've ever had for a show. Our music director's currently in the hospital with a negative reaction to antibiotics. So we had a fill-in director all weekend. Things went eh on Friday, great on Sunday. But, wow, Saturday was a train wreck.

Our normal should be back on Friday, though, so that'll make things better.

Otherwise, a very subdued weekend. Bought a few toys (decided to beef up my Marvel Legends mini-collection with Vengeance and War Machine, the latter of which I should make some money on by selling the Galactus Leg on eBay), slept a lot, and went to a friend's band's concert. Dat's bout it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home