Monday, February 13, 2006

Another Disappearing Courtesy

I had some chicken stuck in my retainer after lunch. Walking through the skyway, I walked by at least a dozen restaurants. No toothpicks anywhere.

Didn't most joints used to have a pick dispenser at their register, or at the condiment area? Are little bits of wood too expensive, or are they considered weapons of mass destruction?

Thank God for the sushi place, which is apparently upstart enough to not know any better.

It's always in the last place you look. Unless you keep looking after you find it. Then it's not in the last place you look.

I have some decisions to make. I was looking at one show to do after SG, but:

1) I'm hearing lots of negative words so far about the director. Giving preferential treatment to friends, pre-casting, etc. Which is frowned upon in this theatre.

2) I'm going to be moving for the first few weeks of rehearsal.

3) I have three more shows coming down the pipe, the last of which is one I've been looking forward to for years. I think if I take a break now, I should be prepared for a three show run. I don't know if I can do four straight, and I don't wanna miss out on the one this fall.

Vaguaries are fun, aren't they?

But, what I'm learning is that I shouldn't promise people I'll be doing shows, then end up not. Hopefully this wasn't too big of a promise, though. Or even a promise at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home