Saturday, June 04, 2005

Fingers... So... Crossed...

Apologies in advance. My computer is being mucho slow, and I'm basically typing sentences at a time without seeing them. So if you see any typos that's why.

Well, I arrived at rehearsal last night to find my Hodel in an air cast. It's apparently a sprain or a strain, but she, our director, our choreographer, and our stage manager are 90% confident that she'll be fine by opening. But I'm getting nervous...

My director says he doesn't want to "invite trouble" by having any contingency plans in place, any understudies ready to go in case she swells up like a balloon or crumples during tech week. Apparently he was really close to calling a girl who we've both worked before. And one of the Mamas has a daughter who has played Hodel in the past. But that's not contingency in my mind.

What can I say, I wanna play things safe. Get together with someonee during the week, teach them the dancing and the choreography. If they've played Hodel in the past then they know the music and the lines already.

What can I say, I just REALLY hope that she'll be fine. She has a fantastic voice, she's got the character down to a T, and she really fits the role, despite being only 14 years old. I don't want to see her replaced, but I also don't want to see the show go to hell if she has to sit out. Any other character could be alright with her condition, but she and I have to dance, its a plot element and I don't know how we could work around it.

Well, we have a week to make sure she's good to go. Less than a week. 4 rehearsals and one sit-sing. My fingers are SO crossed right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home