Monday, January 02, 2006

I am inVINcible!


Well, I AM!

I started up on Lego Star Wars on Saturday. It's incredibly flippin easy to win, but a little tougher to master. The difficulty exists in uncovering the secret levels of episode IV. To do it, you have to finish each level with a certain number of coins. Unfortunately, ala Sonic The Hedgehog, you lose coins every time you die. And you die fairly often.

But, hey, I just paid 1,000,000 tokens for invicibility. So, yes, I am invicible! Which means no loss of tokens. I should have this game cleaned out by the end of the week, even with rehearsals.

(btw, for those who don't know, that's Alan Cumming as Boris Grishenko in GoldenEye, still one of my favorite Bond movies. I was trying to find a pre-liquid-nitrogen version of him in celebration, but that's what we got. Try saying the title in a Russian accent, it's fun!)

It's a New Year (duh). Mine was pretty low-key, hanging out with an ex and a few of her friends (one of whom I'm interested in, but, of course, met someone else the night before. My life in summary). Also built up my mp3 player to its maximum capacity. I can see how some people can be hooked on it, I filled it and I'm already shopping around for memory cards.

Here's what I have, a capsule summary of my musical tastes. The full albums are nearly complete in most cases, with removal of either segue & intro stuff that don't work well in shuffle format (the mustard, Rent phone calls, etc). I also had to clean out a few songs that I just knew I'd be skipping by whenever they came up.

Anyway, here's my tastes:

Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
Offspring - Americana
Alien Ant Farm - ANThology
Disturbed - Believe
Trampled By Turtles - Blue Sky and The Devil
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Once More With Feeling soundtrack
Green Day - Dookie
Evanescence - Fallen
Failure - Fantastic Planet
They Might Be Giants - Flood
Metallica - Garage Inc. Disc 1
Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
Mark Mallman - Mr. Serious
Rent OBC Soundtrack Disc 1
Saturday Morning Soundtrack
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Bush - Sixteen Stone
Pearl Jam - Ten
Flogging Molly - Within a Mile of Home
U2 - Zooropa

Plus individual songs to fill the blank spaces:

Soundgarden - Pretty Noose
Sufjan Stephens - Jacksonville & Chicago
Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight Tonight
Beck - Sex Laws
Dungen - Panda
Aerosmith - Hole In My Soul
Bush - Space Travel
Guns & Roses - Don't Cry
Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror
Social Distortion - Don't Drag Me Down & I Was Wrong

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home