Sunday, March 19, 2006

A Taste

So I'm, um, 32 pages in? 11 chapters. 14,723 words. 68,392 characters without spaces, 83,138 with. And I still probably have at LEAST another 5000 words to write. Maybe 10,000.

So why am I writing all this, do you ask? Because I got antsy.

Here, posted on my livejournal, is chapter 1 of Harry Potter and the Seven Soldiers. Completely unbetaed (is that a word?), it was basically just copied from my Word document and taped down for all to see. Not exactly thrilling, the action doesn't happen for another chapter or two, then goes into set-up mode for another five or six chapters afterwards, in preparation for the big battle to come. It also probably has more than a few grammatical errors, stuff that could be dealt with once a beta occurs.

But, anyway...

Enjoy.

Chapter 1: The Seventh Year

PS: I'm proud of myself. I tossed in a cookie to my fellow Buffy fans in an upcoming chapter that actually fits! w00t!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it a lot! Can't wait to read more. :)

Sun Mar 19, 12:38:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home