Tuesday, August 30, 2005

My New Addiction

I beat Wild Arms 2 last night. Tricky end of the game, they force the team to break up and have 3 of the characters fight solo, leaving the three weakest characters to fight the big boss. Oy. Ah, well, I was able to EVENTUALLY get the strongest of my weakest to take the guy out, but it was long and tedious.

So with nothing on TV and time still to kill I cracked open Dark Cloud, a PS2 game I bought while my PS2 was still with my friend Jenn.

Oh, MAN, this game's fun! It reminds me of the old Super Nintendo games Actraiser and (I believe) Soul Blazer. Basically you're looking at a game that's a combination of Zelda for the N64, D&D, and SimCity.

Basic premise, Dark Genie comes out and wipes a few towns off the face of the earth. A good wizard protected these towns at the last minute using a barrier spell, which, instead of allowing the towns to be destroyed, throws the pieces of the town to the ends of the earth.

Your characters goal is to run through dungeons, battle enemies, and find the pieces of the town, which you then set up in the field a la SimCity. Collect all the pieces for a building (building, items, and people) and you get an event, which gets you new items, or shops, etc.

I started the game last night around 8:30, and had to force myself to stop playing around midnight. Just, yeah, FUN!

Today's my first Friday of the week. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment (ugh) and my first visit to the State Fair of the year (yay!).

Oh, and if anyone who's reading this lives in the Minneapolis metropolitan area and would like to buy a couch, email me at kanedax@excite.com, and we'll talk shop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home